What is included in your comprehensive home inspection?
Home inspections cover all readily accessible areas of the home and focus on the condition of systems and components relative to structural integrity, general maintenance and safe usage. Your written home inspection report describes the systems and components inspected which are significantly deficient or near the end of their service lives
Items included in your complete home inspection:
- Structural System: Foundation, seismic bolting, floor structure, attic and ceiling structure, roof framing.
- Roof System: Covering material, flashings, penetrations, skylights, gutters and downspouts.
- Exterior: Siding, doors and windows, soffit and fascia, porches, attached decks, balconies, exterior stairs.
- Site: Driveways and walkways, perimeter grading and drainage.
- Plumbing System: Fixtures, supply piping, water pressure, functional flow, waste, drain and vent systems, sump pumps, water heater.
- Electrical System: Service drop, entrance conductors, main panel, amp and voltage rating, overcurrent protection devices, subpanels, system bonding, grounding electrode, switches, receptacles and fixtures.
- Mechanical System: Furnace, air conditioning.
- Fireplace and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances: Firebox, hearth, flue and chimney.
- Interior: Observable insulation, wall coverings, countertops, installed cabinets, closets, presence of smoke and CO detectors, installed appliances.
- Garage: Roof system, floor, siding, interior walls, windows, electrical receptacles, garage door.